For homeowners with long grass, finding the right lawn mower can be a real challenge. With so many different models available, it can be difficult to determine which one is the best for your needs. However, there are certain features and attributes that make some lawnmowers more suited for handling thick and overgrown lawns.
When it comes to mowing long grass, you want a mower that is powerful, durable and has a large cutting capacity. Features such as a wide deck, high-powered engine, and heavy-duty blades are all important considerations. In this article, we have put together a list of the best lawnmowers for long grass. Our list includes some of the top-rated models on the market, each with its own unique features and benefits.
We may earn an affiliate commission for purchases using our links at no added cost to you.
1. Best Rated: Craftsman M105 140cc 21-Inch 3-in-1 Gas Powered Push Lawn Mower
Get your lawn job done quickly and efficiently with the 140CC OHV gas-powered engine mower. Equipped with a recoil and auto choke, the engine is easy to start. The 21-inch cutting deck and 3-in-1 capabilities make it ideal for yards ranging from 1/8 to 1/4 of an acre.
See More On Amazon
2. Best Value: PowerSmart 21-Inch 209CC Push Lawn Mower Gas Powered
The 209cc 4-Cycle Gas Engine is a reliable and powerful tool for professional and quick mowing. With a 21-inch cutting deck and 5 cutting height options, it allows for customized lawn care. The 3-in-1 function and easy assembly make it a must-have for a seamless yard job.
See More On Amazon
3. Best Choice: BLACK+DECKER 21-Inch 3-in-1 Gas Powered Push Lawn Mower
The powerful 140cc engine with recoil start, multiple height settings, and 3-in-1 cutting deck makes this lawn mower efficient and effective. With a 21″ cutting deck and durable tires, it’s ideal for trimming wider areas of grass with fewer passes.
See More On Amazon
Compare The Best Lawnmowers For Long Grass
Our suggestions are founded on professional evaluations of the products accessible in each category. Regarding the best lawnmowers for long grass, we pick the models that are most crucial to our users and furnish succinct and straightforward comparisons of the crucial features. Our evaluations are derived from analyzing data to spot the best-performing products and personalize our recommendations to meet the specific needs of our readers.
- 140CC OHV GAS POWERED ENGINE: Engine comes equipped with recoil and auto choke. No more fussing with a primer or choke – just pull to start!.Clipping Collection: Rear bag collects grass clippings for easy cleanup or composting.
- 3-IN-1 CAPABILITIES: Unit has side discharge, rear discharge, and mulching capabilities. Ideal for yards 1/8 to 1/4 of an acre
- 21-INCH CUTTING DECK: Efficient cutting deck helps trim grass in one quick pass for an easier yard job.
- DUAL-LEVER ADJUSTABLE CUTTING HEIGHT: Choose from 6 different height settings to suit user’s needs.
- 170cc 4-Cycle Gas Engine: quick blade spinning, strong torque, long running time. Reliable 170cc gas power, mowing quicker, and mowing professionally.
- 21-Inch Cutting Deck: A 21″ wide cutting deck allows you to cut glass with less path and finish your yard job quickly.
- 6 Cutting Height Adjustable: adjust height from 1.5″ to 3.9″, suitable for all kinds of grass. Allow you to customize the look and feel of your lawn.
- 3-in-1 with Bagger: rear bag discharge for grass bits collection; mulching with a heavy-duty blade minces grass into super-fine bits for recycling; side-discharge easily passes thick grass for quick mowing.
- Powerful Engine: 209 CC engine provides unparalleled power for improved cutting results. Equipped with recoil starter for easy pull start.
- Easy to Push: Optimal tire size to push the mower easily. (Front: 7 inch / Rear: 8 inch)
- 21″Cutting Width：Mow more evenly and neatly，greatly improve the efficiency of mowing。
- 3 in 1 Lawn Mower: Unit has side discharge, rear discharge, and mulching capabilities. Ideal for yards 1/8 to 1/2 of an acre.
- Gas Lawn Mower: #1 powerful 209cc 4-stroke engine equipped with recoil and auto chock, easy starting with one or two pull.
- Self Propelled Lawn Mower: rear wheel drive with 21 inches cutting width, mow more with less effort for up to 1/2 acre yard.
- 3-in-1 Mower: mulching, side discharging, or bagging, suitable for your different mowing needs of all seasons.
- Cutting Height Adjustable: dual-lever height adjustment with 5 positions, easy to set the mowing height from 1.18 to 3 inches.
Last update on 2023-09-15 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API
The Smart Buyer’s Guide to Lawn Mowers: Expert Advice and Product Recommendations
A lawn mower is an essential tool for maintaining a beautiful lawn, but with so many options available, choosing the right one can be overwhelming. To help you make an informed decision, this buyer’s guide will explore the different types of lawnmowers, key features to consider, and important factors to think about before making your purchase.
Types of LawnMowers
Push mowers, also known as reel mowers, are manual, self-propelled mowers that are best for small to medium-sized lawns. They are powered by your own energy, making them environmentally friendly, and they are easy to use.
Riding mowers, also known as lawn tractors, are designed for larger lawns and are equipped with a seat and a steering wheel. They are ideal for those who don’t want to push a heavy mower across their lawn, but they are more expensive and take up more space in your garage.
Electric mowers are powered by an electric motor and are typically lighter and quieter than gasoline-powered mowers. They are also more environmentally friendly and easier to maintain, but they are limited by the length of the power cord, making them best for smaller lawns.
Gas-powered mowers are ideal for larger lawns, as they are not limited by the length of a power cord. They are also more powerful and easier to maneuver, but they are louder and require more maintenance.
Check Out More Best Selling Lawn Mowers Today
Last update on 2023-08-26 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API
Features to Look For
The cutting width of a lawn mower refers to the width of the blade, which determines how much grass is cut at once. A wider blade will cut more grass in a single pass, but it may be more difficult to maneuver in tight spaces.
The engine power of a lawn mower is measured in horsepower (HP), and it determines how easily the mower can cut through thick grass. More horsepower means a stronger engine, but it also means a higher price tag.
Adjustable Cutting Heights
The ability to adjust the cutting height of a lawn mower is essential for maintaining a healthy lawn. The more cutting height options, the better, as you can adjust the height to suit the needs of your lawn.
Ease of Use
When choosing a lawn mower, it’s important to consider how easy it is to use. A self-propelled mower is easier to maneuver than a push mower, and an electric mower is lighter than a gas-powered mower.
A warranty is important for any lawn mower, as it protects your investment and ensures that any defects will be covered. Look for a warranty that offers at least a year of coverage, with an option for an extended warranty.
Things to Consider Before Buying a Lawn Mower
Size of Your Lawn
The size of your lawn will determine the type of lawn mower you need. A smaller lawn may only require a push mower, while a larger lawn may need a riding mower or a gas-powered mower.
If your lawn has hills or uneven ground, a self-propelled or riding mower may be the best option, as they are easier to maneuver.
The price of a lawn mower can vary greatly, so it’s important to set a budget before making your purchase. Remember, the most expensive option may not always be the best one for your needs.
Consider the maintenance required for each type of lawn mower, and make sure you have the time and resources to keep it running smoothly. Electric mowers are typically easier to maintain, but they may need to be charged or have the battery replaced over time. Gas-powered mowers will require regular oil changes and tune-ups, and the gas tank will need to be filled regularly.|
FAQs: Things To Know
What type of lawnmower is best for long grass?
For long grass, a rotary lawnmower with a high-powered engine and a large cutting deck is the best option. The large cutting deck allows you to cover a wider area, while the high-powered engine can easily cut through tough grass. Self-propelled mowers can also help you maneuver through tall grass with less effort.
Can I mow long grass in one pass, or do I need to make multiple passes?
It is best to make multiple passes when mowing long grass, especially if it is overgrown. By making multiple passes, you can gradually cut the grass down to the desired height without putting too much strain on your lawnmower’s engine. It is also a good idea to start with a higher cutting height and gradually lower it with each pass.
How often should I mow long grass?
If you are dealing with long grass, it is best to mow it frequently. Long grass can grow quickly and become unmanageable if left unattended for too long. It is recommended to mow once a week to keep the grass from becoming too long and unmanageable.
How do I maintain my lawnmower when mowing long grass?
When mowing long grass, it is important to maintain your lawnmower regularly to ensure it is in good working condition. This includes sharpening the blades regularly, checking the oil and fuel levels, and cleaning the air filter. It is also a good idea to check the wheels and belts for wear and tear, as long grass can put extra strain on these parts. Lastly, make sure to clean the undercarriage of the mower after each use to prevent grass buildup and rust.